Thursday, February 28, 2013

Someone pinch me.

I started packing in 2004.  The sign went in the yard.... yesterday.  This is a true statement.  I think I'm dreaming.  Someone pinch me.


I'm not sure where the boxes went that I packed... or even if we still own them.  And really, at this point -- they should just go directly to Goodwill... but I'm so happy I could (try to) do a cartwheel!  Lily on the other hand is a little less happy... this the only place she's ever lived.  And no matter how many kids we're going to live by, how much nicer the new house will be... this is her home.    I think Lincoln and Lucy are just wondering where their stuff went.  :)

So we've been talking about Open House's, Showing's... a bunch of Realtor stuff.  Our first open house is this Saturday.  *nothing like going on the market on Wednesday, showing on Saturday* and we talked about lead time on a showing... since I've never owned a home before this, I had no idea what the 'standard' request for an owner to vacate the property for a showing would be, but I was hoping for 30 minutes.  My father-in-law (who is also our Realtor) said, "Really... there's no way you're going to get the dogs kenneled, house picked up, everyone's coats on and loaded in the van in 30 minutes.  Let's put down a two hour notice."  TWO HOURS??!!  Will people wait that long?!?  Sa-weet!  And while it might not take me two hours to pick up and vacate.... especially since I packed up threw out most of the junky little toys (from McDonald's that we just CAN NOT throw away).... that Lincoln gets the rush from dumping all over the living room floor...  It's nice to know I have that time to get out.

So we're building.  A. New. House.  We picked out and put a deposit on our lot and we're reviewing house layouts.  I want (yes, I said want) a Split.  I love the entry, the bigger foyer, the coat closet in the landing... we're planning an open concept upper floor, big great room for the living/dining/kitchen... with an island... all bathrooms with linen closets, all bedrooms with walk in closets... master bath... seriously... I am in heaven.  I can not wait to host Thanksgiving.

Tonight, after we get home from Huntington, and all baby's are in bed, I'm planning to do more cleaning /packing -- starting with the upstairs toy box.

This girl is motivated.  We are MOVING.  WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!  And I'm happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment